The Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center, your destination for Bead Fest Tacoma, is located approximately 25 miles from the Seattle–Tacoma International Airport. Traveling back and forth from Bead Fest to Seattle every day of your jewelry-making weekend may seem like a lot, so here are a few suggestions of activities right around the event’s venue. Disclaimer: These suggestions and activities are not endorsed by or in partnership with Bead Fest.
In Tacoma, WA (family-friendly):
• Visit Mt. Rainier: The Northwest's most famous icon, where 14,411 feet of fun and adventure await your exploration! Learn more.
• Explore It Scavenger Hunts: Explore downtown Tacoma with a scavenger hunt! Learn more.
• Children's Museum of Tacoma: The Children's Museum of Tacoma is a stimulating environment showcasing the natural connection between play and life-long learning. Learn more.
More Activities Close By:
• Tacoma Art Museum
• Point Defiance Zoo + Aquarium
• Foss Waterway Seaport
• Tacoma Glassblowing Studio
• Emerald Queen Casino
• Lakewold Gardens
• Wright Park
• Museum of Glass
In Seattle, WA:
If you do have time to explore Seattle, here are some “must-dos” in the The Emerald City (according to Visit Seattle).